Sunday, December 30, 2007

Penny Serenade


If you haven't seen this movie... "Penny Serenade"... run out right now and get it!
Rent it... buy it... just get it!
This ranks as one of my all-time favorites ... ever!
It is not the best acted film, or best written, or best cinematography... it is just a good, tear-jerker that you will laugh and cry... and you will feel good that you just spent two hours watching a good ole' Cary Grant and Irene Dunne movie that was worth watching!
They just don't make them like they use too!
And, I have often thought that there is no way they could ever re-make this film. Cary Grant and Irene Dunne cannot be duplicated. The black and white should never be colorized. This movie is pure emotion (all of your emotions) and that make this such a special film.
Even, my hubby... who does not share in my love of old films... even gives his thumbs up approval for this one!
Trust me on this one!

3 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

Amy-
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I see you are a midwest girl too! Loved your Christmas table and your girls are angels. Jen

PAT said...

It's nice to see another Midwesterner in the Land of Blog!

I don't think I ever met a Cary Grant movie I didn't like. I absolutely agree with you about colorizing those wonderful old black and white movies!

Come by the Back Porch sometime!

Pat

nannykim said...

wow--I probably saw it years ago , but I can not remember it!! love Carry Grant---my fav of his is Bringing up Baby!